If you or your child needs braces, it can seem intimidating trying to find the right orthodontist. With no shortage of great practices in the area, it’s important to find the right fit. At Watson Orthodontics in Draper, Utah, we believe that getting a great smile should be a fun experience. We want you to enjoy your time with us and create lasting memories of your orthodontic treatment. To learn more about why people in Draper, Utah love getting braces at Watson Orthodontics, keep reading below!
Types of Braces in Draper, Utah
Metal braces are the most common type of braces for orthodontic patients. Today’s metal braces are much smaller, flatter, and more comfortable than in the past. Patients of all ages choose metal braces to help them achieve straight, beautiful smiles. Traditional metal braces are made of high-quality stainless steel or titanium. The three main parts of your braces are:
- Brackets — Brackets are attached to the teeth using special glue that bonds them to the tooth surface and holds them in place.
- Archwire — The archwire is the thin metal wire that connects each bracket and puts pressure on the teeth to help guide them into place.
- Ligature Elastic (also known as the “rubber bands”) — Elastics, or rubber bands, are the colored ties that hold the archwires to the brackets. Your orthodontist will change the elastics at each appointment. Elastics may come in a variety of colors.
What About Clear Braces?
Having braces doesn’t necessarily require highly noticeable metal brackets and wires. In fact, many of today’s braces are made from either clear or natural tooth-colored materials to provide patients with an attractive, less noticeable alternative to traditional braces.
As with any orthodontic treatment, it is important to choose the right option for your needs and lifestyle. Clear braces are a great alternative to traditional metal braces and your orthodontist will help you determine whether they are the right treatment for you. Advantages to clear braces include:
- Appearance: Ceramic braces and clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Clear and ceramic braces offer an aesthetic alternative for patients seeking options other than traditional metal braces.
- Confidence: Many patients who choose ceramic or clear braces feel more confident about their orthodontic treatment, especially knowing that people are focusing on their smiles rather than their braces.
Why Choose Us?
If our family leads a busy lifestyle, you’re in luck! At Watson Orthodontics, we strive to run on time so you can get on with the rest of your day. We offer flexible appointment times including early morning hours before the start of work and school. If time restrictions have prevented you from getting braces in the past, you’ve come to the right place!
We are also passionate about creating one-of-a-kind smiles for our one-of-a-kind patients! Your customized treatment plan will take into consideration all aspects of your smile’s look and the function of your bite. Using only the most effective and efficient technology, Dr. Jamey Watson personally creates a smile that you’ll be proud to show off! Our staff truly cares about each patient that comes into our office. We are committed to providing you and your family with customer service second to none.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Doctor Watson and his staff are always happy to welcome new patients to the family! To determine the best course of action for orthodontic treatment, we recommend coming in for a consultation at your earliest convenience. To request an appointment, visit our website and fill out an appointment request form! We look forward to meeting you.